Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
I like to think I've started off this month with a bang and hopefully, that momentum will keep going throughout the rest of the year. I'll let you in on a little secret; I am absolutely horrible at completing goals. (Mostly because I end up changing them on a whim halfway through the year!)
Here's to hoping I actually stay on task this time!
1. Read 50 books- Not very ambitious, but I want to play it safe, what with transitioning between colleges and working full-time.
2. Host giveaways- I have a ton of books I have read and no longer want to keep on my bookshelves. So keep an eye out for some giveaways from me in the future!
3. Take notes when reading egalleys- I've only just begun my NetGalley experience and I've already noticed that I am much more critical when reading those books. I find myself taking notes in my head while reading, so I figure a good way to remember is by taking them down in a notebook as I go.
4. Post reviews consistently- You'd think this would be a no-brainer, but I honestly have to force myself to review a book sometimes. Also, I don't just want my blog to be filled with memes and the like. I am a book review blog, after all.
5. Read at least five books from my TBR pile before purchasing new ones- Thanks The Broke and the Bookish for this nifty idea! However, I am only limiting this to series I have not read or stand-alone novels. I will let myself slide if it is a continuing book in a series, or a book that has been given to me to review (egalleys or otherwise).
6. Finish series I have already started- I am so bad about this, you guys. There are so many series I have left hanging.
7. Read Stephen King's The Stand- Every year, I tell myself I'm going to read this book, and every year I am a liar. But not this time!
8. Finish the Iron Man series before the movie releases in August- This should be number one for me, honestly!
9. Only keep 50 books in my Kindle App at one time- I tend to go a little crazy with the Amazon freebies and .99 cent books. I need to read just as many as I add, that way I don't overload myself.
10. Network!- I love following blogs and being followed in return. However, I need to take the time to comment more and actually put myself out there. It's nice to have followers, but when they don't talk to you, it sometimes feels like you're talking to a wall. So I vow to not be one of those followers!
Like I said, I have a good feeling about this year.
What are some of your Bookish/Blogger goals for 2013? :)