Top Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters

Each week, The Broke and Bookish host a Top Ten Tuesday based on a certain bookish topic. Other bloggers are able to participate and post their own lists, and if you are interesting in learning more, click here.


This week’s topic is Top Ten Most Memorable Secondary Characters

1. Magnus Bane from the Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
Not only is he an amazing secondary character, but Magnus might just be one of my favorite literary characters of all time. I'm super excited that Clare gave him his own little spin-off, and it also doesn't hurt that he was portrayed by Godfrey Gao in the movie, either! (Seriously, go see it if you haven't already. He walks around pants-less. It's great.)

2. Brimstone from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
I feel like there are so many sides to this character that we didn't quite get to see in Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I haven't read Days of Blood & Starlight, but I'm hoping we see more motive behind Brimstone's actions in the books to come. 

3. Iko from Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I think we can all agree that Cinder's spunky robot sidekick truly makes reading this book that much more enjoyable. I mean, those one-liners! 

4. Kazuo Kiriyama from Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
One word: sociopath. And absolutely, positively terrifying. Kazuo is definitely not someone I would want to go toe-to-toe with in the Battle Royale arena.

5. Rue from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Oh Rue... what can I say that everyone else hasn't already said? 

6. Teeth from Teeth by Hannah Moskowitz
I didn't know I could like a bratty, magical, gay fishboy as much as I did, but Hannah Moskowitz apparently made it possible.

7. Tik Tok from Tiger Lily by Jodi Anderson
Tik Tok lived the way he pleased, dressed the way he wanted, and embraced Tiger Lily's differences, even when he disagreed with her choices. And I love him for that.

6. Everyone in the Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
Literally every character had a purpose, whether we were supposed to like them or not, and I applaud Rowling for the ability to write such a vastly diverse cast of characters.


Who are your most memorable secondary characters? Are they similar to mine?

5 comments

  1. Teeth!!! I loved him :) And Kazuo was "awesome" too. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I can't believe I forgot to put Magnus in my TTT this week!! What's wrong with me?!
    Iko is on my list too and I focused on the Twins and Tonks from Harry Potter, though I agree EVERYONE there is memorable :)

    I haven't actually read any of the other books! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magnus is my favorite! :) I couldn't bring myself to pick just ONE secondary character from Harry Potter, but if I had to, I would totally agree with you about the Twins.

      Omg, you must read Daughter of Smoke and Bone. It is amazingggg.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love Wolf from The 10th Kingdom. He is probably one of the most memorable characters from any novel I have ever read. He is just so stuffed full of personality and quirks that I can't help but love him. Completely different from the 2D characters your stumble across nowadays.

    I also adore Alisa from Day Watch. She is just so bad ass but realistic at the same time. Despite being part of the Day Watch, I totally look up to her hardcore.

    ReplyDelete